Nhongo-Simbanegavi points out that the image of heroic women in the Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army (ZANLA)'s guerrilla war is highly mythologised.
What does ZANLA stand for?
ZANLA stands for Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of ZANLA in our Acronym Attic
- Social Accounting Matrix for Zambia
- Zoroastrian Association of Metropolitan Washington, Inc.
- Zimbabwe AIDS Network
- Zambia African National Congress
- Zarthushti Anjuman of Northern California (Zoroastrian association; San Jose, CA)
- Zero Administration Network Distribution Agent
- Zambia National Federation of the Blind
- Zanzibar Non-Governmental Organization Cluster (Tanzania)
- Zambia News and Information Services
- Zemira Alajbegovi and Neven Korda (videographic art team; Slovenia)
- Zoroastrian Association of North Texas (religious group; Flower Mound, TX)
- Zimbabwe African National Union
- Zimbabwe African National Union (Patriotic Front)
- Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front
- Zambia National Union of Teachers
- Zarathustrian Association of New Zealand
- Aluminium Doped Zinc Oxide (material for producton of organic light-emitting diodes)
- Zakrytoe Aktsionernoe Obschestvo (Russian: Closed Joint Stock Corporation)
- Zenith Angle Offset
- Zimbabwe AIDS Orphans
Samples in periodicals archive:
While ZANU and the Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army (ZANLA) were fighting the war mainly from the east, Zimbabwe African People's Union (ZAPU) and its Zimbabwe People's Revolutionary Army (ZIPRA) were also fighting from the western side.