The new HNLF combines a high non-linear coefficient with a zero dispersion wavelength that is ultra-stable along the fiber length making it especially well-suited for application in parametric amplifiers and related devices.
What does ZDW stand for?
ZDW stands for Zero Dispersion Wavelength (optical fiber)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ZDW
- Ziff-Davis University
- Denver ARTCC
- Zambia Deaf Vision
- Zentrale Dienstvorschrift (German Armed Forces)
- Zidovudine (pharmacology)
- Ziff-Davis Verlag (German: Ziff-Davis Publishing)
- Zooplankton Displacement Volume (biology)
- Zentrale DatenVerarbeitungsAnlage
- Zahal Disabled Veterans Organisation (Australia)
- Zentrum Demographischer Wandel (German: Center for Demographic Change; Germany)
- Zero-Delay Wavenumber Spectrum (biomedical engineering)
- Zhenjiang Deyifang Wooden Sculpture Handicraft Co., Ltd.
- Zaklad Doskonalenia Zawodowego (Polish: Department of Vocational Training; Biala Podlaska, Poland)
- Zeichen der Zeit (German)
- Zend Developer Zone (online forum)
- Ziff-Davis' ZDNet (stock; computing and Internet content company)
- Lerwick (postcode, United Kingdom)
- Zone Effect
Samples in periodicals archive:
Its flatter gain profile means less costly electronics for gain correction, and, being further away from zero dispersion wavelength means more dispersion and therefore lower Four Wave Mixing (FWM).