ITPC is a partnership between Indian business group Tata and the state-owned Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Ltd (Zesco).
What does ZESCO stand for?
ZESCO stands for Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ZESCO
- Zimmer Electronic Systems (Oberursel, Germany)
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Zone Economique Spéciale (French: Special Economic Zone)
- Zukeran Elementary School (Okinawa, Japan)
- Zutphen Elderly Study
- Zweefvliegclub Eindhovense Studenten (Dutch student glider club; Eindhoven, Netherlands)
- Zimbabwe Electricity Authority
- Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority
- Zyban as an Effective Smoking Cessation Aid (clinical trial)
- Zürich Epidemiological Study of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology (Zürich, Switzerland)
- Zoll Equipment Supply Company
- Zero Energy Solar Homes
- Zen Environmental Studies Institute (religion)
- Zero-Error Side Information
- Zone Economique Spéciale Intégrée (French: Integrated Special Economic Zone; Senegal)
- Zimbabwe Election Support Network
- Zentrale Teilesortimentdatei
- Zeballos Elementary Secondary School (British Columbia, Canada)
- Zephyr Employee Self Service (software)
- Zinc Energy Storage System
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Elsewhere, the Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation (Zesco) has secured a $105m loan from the Development Bank of Southern Africa to help fund the expansion of the Kariba North Bank plant from 720MW to 1,080MW.
Government-owned Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Limited (ZESCO), is the largest power producing company in the country, providing around 80 percent of consumption needs.
Initially the debate was over three parastatals - the Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation (ZESA - the monopoly power utility), the Zambia Telecommunications Company and the Zambia National Commercial Bank (ZNCB).
During the World Bank consultative group meeting with donors, held in Lusaka last year, the Zambian government made firm commitments to privatise the Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation (ZESCO), Zambia Telecommunication (ZAMTEL), Zambia National Oil Company (ZNOC), Indeni Oil Refinery and Zambia National Commercial Bank.