The program, the Accelerated Precision Mortar Initiative, emerged out of a request from field commanders in Afghanistan in February 2009; the precision rounds were recently test-fired at Yuma Proving Ground, Ariz.
What does YPG stand for?
YPG stands for Yuma Proving Ground (Arizona)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of YPG
We have 6 other meanings of YPG in our Acronym Attic
- Young People's Front for Democracy and Justice (Eritrean Diaspora Youth organization)
- Youth Philatelic Federation of Finland
- Yunnan Phosphate Fertilizer Industrial Co. (China)
- Yorke Peninsula Football League (South Australia)
- Young Professionals in Foreign Policy
- Young Peoples Facilities and Services Fund (Ireland)
- Yards Per Game (football)
- Yellow Pages Group (Canada)
- Young Pharmacists Group
- Youth Protection Guidelines (Boy Scouts of America)
- Yunnan Provincial Government (China)
- Yeast Peptone Glucose Agar
- Youth Peace Group Danube (Croatia)
- Yellow Pages Ghana
- Young Professionals of Greater Lowell (Lowell, MA)
- Young Professionals Global Network
- Yayasan Palu Hijau (Indonesian: Green Hammer Foundation; environmental organization)
- Yeast Protocols Handbook
- York Patrick Herpers (German registered brand)
- Yale Park Homeowners Association (Richardson, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 26-year-old has been selected for special training at the American Army's Yuma proving ground in Arizona, where he will be taught how to use the gunship's awesome firepower.
Having learned the basic techniques, they head to Yuma Proving Ground for more training, which includes actual airtime.
5-meter (74-foot) long Zephyr, weighing just 50 kilos (110 pounds), finally touched down in the Arizona desert 14 days and 21 minutes after it took off from the US Army's Yuma Proving Ground.
com/photos/qinetiq/sets/72157624008459941/ Currently flying high above the US Army's Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona, Zephyr has already passed the seven day / 168 hour mark and the clock is still running.
and FORT WORTH, Texas, April 14 /PRNewswire/ -- UAS Dynamics, LLC, validated the performance of the Ku-band Common Data Link (CDL) on its STORM unmanned aerial system (UAS) during flight testing conducted in late March at the Yuma Proving Grounds in Yuma, Ariz.
According to Qinetiq, the Zephyr - a highaltitude long-endurance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) - completed the test flight at the US Army's Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona on July 28-31.
An updated and vastly improved radar that can track enemy rocket, artillery and mortar fire in a full 360 degree panorama recently underwent successful testing at the Army's Yuma Proving Ground in Arizona.