A cancer survivor and one-time commercial fisherman, he is the only musher to win both the Iditarod and the 1,609km Yukon Quest International back-to-back in the same year.
What does YQI stand for?
YQI stands for Yukon Quest International (sled dog race)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YQI
- Your Questions Answered (book series)
- Quebec, Quebec, Canada - Sainte Foy Airport (Airport Code)
- Your Quit Brother (smoking cessation support groups)
- Quaqtaq, Quebec, Canada (Airport Code)
- The Pas, Manitoba, Canada - The Pas (Airport Code)
- Windsor, Ontario, Canada - Windsor International (Airport Code)
- York Quilters' Guild (est. 1985; York, PA)
- Watson Lake, Yukon Territory, Canada - Watson Lake Airport (Airport Code)
- Yorkshire Quaker Heritage Project (Hull University; UK)
- Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada (Airport Code)
- Your Question Just Cost You A Quarter For The Jukebox
- Kenora, Ontario, Canada (Airport Code)
- Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada - Lethbridge Airport (Airport Code)
- Yahoo! Query Language (Internet)
- Youthquake Live
- Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada - Lakeburn Municipal Airport (Airport Code)
- Yellow Question Mark
- Yukon Quartz Mining Act (Canada)
- Young Quality Management Professionals (India)
- Youth Quality Management Training (based on William Glasser's choice theory)
Samples in periodicals archive:
14 Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race A 1,000-mile sled dog race between Fairbanks and Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
WHITEHORSE, Yukon Territory, July 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Danny Melville owner and founder of the Jamaica Dogsled Team announced today that his lead musher will train with former Yukon Quest champion Hans Gatt in the hopes of qualifying for the 2009 Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race -- billed as the toughest sled dog race in the world.
Also exclusive to Holland America Line is a new documentary by Marten Berkman, "The Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race.
John Schandelmeier, of Paxson, Alaska, became only the second musher in the 13-year history of the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race to win the race twice when he crossed the finish line of the 1,600-km run Feb.
11 Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race A 1,000-mile sled dog race between Fairbanks and Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
14 Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race 1,000 mile sled dog race between Fairbanks and Whitehorse.
In Fairbanks, Yukon Quest International is a year-round business operation, with an annual budget of more than $300,000 and an economic impact that extends far beyond the 10 to 14 days of the race.