The topics include oxide laser crystals doped with rare earth and transition metal ions, nonlinear crystals for solid-state lasers, operation regimes for solid-state lasers, neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet and neodymium-doped yttrium orthovanadate, microchip lasers, mid-infrared optical parametric oscillators, surgical solid-state lasers and their clinical applications, and environmental applications of solid-state lasers.
What does YAG stand for?
YAG stands for Yttrium Aluminum Garnet
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of YAG
We have 58 other meanings of YAG in our Acronym Attic
- Yet Another First Victory Post (gaming)
- Young Americans for Warner (presidential campaign group; Mark Warner)
- District Auxiliary, Miscellaneous (US Navy)
- Miscellaneous Auxiliary (Self-Propelled)
- Yet Another Game (gaming feedback online)
- You Are Gay
- You Are Great
- Young Alumni Group (various universities)
- Young-at-Art Gallery (Noyes Museum of Art; Oceanville, NJ)
- Youth Advisory Group (various locations)
- You're A Great American
- Young and Gifted Always
- Youth Against Gang Activity (San Antonio, TX)
- Yet Another GUI (Graphical User Interface) Builder (freeware)
- You Ain't Grizz, Baby (podcast)
- Yet Another Guidebook Update (rec.games.roguelike.adom)
- Young Adult Guidance Center (Atlanta, GA)
- Young Audiences of Greater Cleveland (Ohio)
- Yet Another Graphical Editor (website)
- Yet Another Google Feature
Samples in periodicals archive:
UTRS), a leading provider of engineering, information technology and communications services, today announced the launch of full-scale production of yttrium aluminum garnet (YAG) crystal components at its Butte, Mont.
Examples of specific topics discussed in the volume include low-temperature fabrication of polycrystalline yttrium aluminum garnet powder via a mechanochemical solid reaction of nanocrystalline yttria with transition alumina, formation of hollow zinc oxide by oxidation and subsequent thermal treatment, antifungal effectiveness of nanosilver colloid against rose powdery mildew in greenhouses, reflectometry studies of mesoporous silica thin films, methane storage on surface modified activated carbons, and thermal behaviors and fracture toughness of polyurethane- dispersed difunctional epoxy resins.
The system uses an erbium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet, or Er:YAG, laser to propel a tiny, precise stream of medicine with just the right amount of force.
The PerioLase(R) MVP-7 is a TruePulse(TM) free-running, neodymium yttrium aluminum garnet (FR) Nd:YAG.
Nd:YAG systems utilize a neodymium yttrium aluminum garnet crystal as the lasing medium.
To assemble the modules of various components, we have used yttrium aluminum garnet (YAG) laser welding technology, which provides stable and highly reliable attachments.
The DARPA/Tri-Service Mid-IR II laser is a diode-pumped, solid-state, neodymium yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd: YAG) laser.