But when compared to other long-term studies, such as the Youth Risk Behavior Survey, researchers found the steep rate of decline in youth tobacco use from 1997 to 2003 has slowed considerably.
What does YRBS stand for?
YRBS stands for Youth Risk Behavior Survey
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of YRBS in our Acronym Attic
- Youth Risk Behavior
- Yangtze River Basin Commission (China)
- Young Red Blood Cells
- Young Republicans of Bexar County (San Antonio, TX)
- York Region Board of Education
- Yayasan Rumpun Bambu Indonesia (Indonesian: Bamboo Family Foundation Indonesia)
- Repair, Berthing & Messing Barge (Non Self-Propelled)
- Repair, Berthing, & Messing Barge (Large) (Non Self-Propelled)
- Years Before Present (scientific research)
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System
- Yakima River Basin Water Enhancement Project (Washington)
- District Chamber, Submarine Rescue (US Navy)
- Yeast Resource Center (National Center for Research Resources; Department of Biochemistry; Department of Genome Sciences; University of Washington)
- Yellow Roadway Corporation
- Yerkes Research Center (Atlanta, GA)
- Yokohama Rubber Company, Ltd.
- York Railway Company
- Youth Research Centre (University of Melbourne; Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- Yelloweye Rockfish Conservation Area (National Marine Fisheries Service)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Yet only 10 percent of US teens get the recommended hours of shut-eye, according to the study, for which Fitzgerald and her fellow researchers analyzed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's 2009 Youth Risk Behavior Survey.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released the 2011 National Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS).
The CDC analyzed data from two sources: the 2009 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, conducted among adults aged 18 years and older on both landline and cellular telephones, and the 2009 National Youth Risk Behavior Survey, filled out anonymously by students while in school.
Data Source: The 2009 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System and the 2009 National Youth Risk Behavior Survey.
The findings come from the National Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS), which has been conducted every other year since 1991.
Research such as the Youth Risk Behavior Survey is valuable because it calls attention to the effect things have on kids, Wilburn said.
There are many instruments available to assess youth risk behaviors including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Middle School Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) and the High School Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS), the PRIDE Survey, and the Monitoring the Future Survey.