They have planted 700 trees, handed out more than 6,000 seedlings to other school children, started El Segundo's first recycling center (which reduced residential waste by 16 percent in eight months), begun publishing a column in the local newspaper, encouraged stores to carry eco-products, produced a TV quiz show, run an 800-number environmental hotline and organized the first National Youth Environmental Summit in 1993.
What does YES stand for?
YES stands for Youth Environmental Summit (Youth Environmental Coalition)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YES
We have 323 other meanings of YES in our Acronym Attic
- Youth Engaged in Science (Woodstock, GA)
- Youth Engaged in Service
- Youth Engagement Strategy (various locations)
- Youth Engineering and Science
- Youth Enhancement Services
- Youth Enjoying Sobriety (various locations)
- Youth Enrichment Services (Boston, MA)
- Youth Entrepreneurial Success
- Youth Entrepreneurs Society (Egypt)
- Youth Entrepreneurship Strategy (Smile Africa International)
- Youth Evangelism Service
- Youth Exchange and Study
- Youth Exchange Scheme (UK)
- Youth Exchanging with Seniors (FCCLA)
- Youth Experiences in Science (various locations)
- Youth for Environmental Sanity
- Yorktown Expert System for Multiple Virtual Storage Environment
- Yamaha Education Suite 5 (music software)
- Young/Emerging Sound Artist (Canada)
- Youth Employment Standards Act (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Playing soccer may sound like a far cry from environmental correctness, but that thought--spawned by a discussion of an uninhabitable earth--led first to the formation of an activist youth group and later to the first by-kids, for-kids National Youth Environmental Summit.