[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] I have the honor of being very respectfully Your obedient servant.
What does YOS stand for?
YOS stands for Your Obedient Servant (closing salutation chiefly 18th century British)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of YOS
We have 15 other meanings of YOS in our Acronym Attic
- Ye Olde Rusty Lantern (game)
- Young Offender Reentry Program (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; US DHHS)
- Youth Organization Registration Program (New York, NY)
- Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe (website)
- Young Olympic Running Team (Netherlands)
- District Barge, Oil Storage (US Navy)
- Oil Storage Barge (Non Self-Propelled)
- Yahoo Online Status (Yahoo Messenger)
- Years Of Service
- Yosemite (Amtrak station code; Yosemite, CA)
- Your Operating System
- Yttrium Ortho-Silicate
- Youth Orchestras of San Antonio (San Antonio, TX)
- Youth Orchestra of Southern Alameda County (Hayward, CA)
- Yosemite Search and Rescue (Yosemite National Park, CA, USA)
- Yale Oriental Series Babylonian Texts
- Yate Outdoor Sports Complex (UK)
- Yateley Offshore Sailing Club (est. 1991; Yateley, Hampshire, England, UK)
- Yokota Officers' Spouses Club (Yokota, Japan)
- Ypsilanti Otters Swim Club (Ypsilanti, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I have the honour to be, Sir, Your obedient servant Henry Ponsoby Thadeus M.
If you correspond with the nobs in Egypt you can expect a letter in response that concludes: Your Obedient Servant.
Faithful readers of this monthly diatribe -- both of you -- know that your obedient servant is a radical middle-of-the-roader.
I have the honour to be, Sir, Your Obedient Servant, John Russell.
I have the honour to remain, your obedient servant.
While most Colistas are perfect prognosticators, your obedient servant is currently in his 52nd consecutive year of predicting this will Finally Be The Year That Broadband Breaks Out, so it is necessary to point out those rare occasions when we nail it.