[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Second Place: Bradley Caliva, South Central Division (Texas); Kevin Wass, teacher Third Place: Michael Cooper, West Central Division (Kansas); Paul Stevens, teacher MTNA Young Artist Piano Competition Sponsored by Steinway & Sons Winner: Yi-Yang Chen, Eastern Division (New York); Douglas Humpherys, teacher Yi-Yang Chen, 21, attends the Eastman School of Music, where he is pursuing a bachelor's degree with Douglas Humpherys.
What does YAPC stand for?
YAPC stands for Young Artist Piano Competition (Arts Council of Southern Indiana; New Albany, IN)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YAPC
We have 2 other meanings of YAPC in our Acronym Attic
- Yeast Aspartic Protease 3
- Young Australian Professionals in America (now Advance; New York, NY)
- Youngstown Area Physics Alliance (Youngstown State University; Youngstown, OH)
- Youth Action and Policy Association (Australia)
- Youth Adult Partnership of Aberdeen (est. 1998; Aberdeen, SD)
- Youth Apprenticeship Programme in Agriculture (Trinidad & Tobago)
- Young Adult Planning Advisory Council (peer ministry; Roman Catholic Diocese of Trenton; Trenton, NJ)
- Youth Alliance for Peace and Development (Freetown, Sierra Leone)
- Yet Another Perl Conference
- Yet Another Power Cut
- Youth Association for Population and Development (Egypt)
- Yet Another Parser/Extractor (software)
- Yet Another PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) Eve API (Application Programming Interface) Library (gaming; Eve Online)
- Yet Another PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) Forum
- Yet Another Proxy Hunter (program)
- Youth Action Programs and Homes (New York)
- Yet Another Path Index for XML (Extensible Markup Language) Searching
- Yet Another Prognostic Indicator (cancer research)
- Young Artist Performance Incubator (Wimberley, TX)
- Youth & Adult Partnership Initiative (Georgia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also appearing at this event will be Chicago's own Rosemary Bailey, product specialist for the Roland Corporation and winners from past Steinway Young Artist Piano competitions.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Second Place: Matthew Shipes, Southern Division (Georgia); David Zerkel, teacher Third Place: Michael Hill, West Central Division (Missouri); Marcia Spence, teacher MTNA Young Artist Piano Competition Sponsored by Steinway & Sons Winner: Adam Mayon, South Central Division (Louisiana); H.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Second Place: Nick Adragna, East Central Division (Michigan); Kenneth Kroesche, teacher Third Place: Tom Haggerty, Eastern Division (Massachusetts); Mike Roylance, teacher MTNA Young Artist Piano Competition Sponsored by Steinway & Sons Winner: Jessica Zhu, South Central Division (Texas); Nancy Weems, teacher Jessica Zhu, 21, is a third-year student at the University of Houston pursuing an undergraduate degree in piano performance under the tutelage of Nancy Weems.
Steinway & Sons sponsors the Young Artist Piano Competition.
In addition, the MTNA Young Artist Piano Competition is the only student competition in the world at which the winner receives a Steinway grand piano.
For example, Steinway & Sons has been sponsoring the MTNA Young Artist Piano Competition for several years.
He was winner of the 2003 MTNA Young Artist Piano Competition and a competitor in the 2005 Van Cliburn International Competition.