The Survivorship Clinic at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, the Hutchinson Center's treatment arm, addresses many of the problems that young adult cancer survivors may face after therapy ends.
What does YACS stand for?
YACS stands for Young Adult Cancer Survivors (cancer-survivor social group)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YACS
We have 7 other meanings of YACS in our Acronym Attic
- Young Artist Chamber Players (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Yet Another Channel Router
- York Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (York, PA)
- Yorkshire Association of Change Ringers (bell-ringing; UK)
- Young American Composer in Residence (California Symphony)
- Yale Adherence and Competence Scale (behavioral research)
- Years of Active Commissioned Service
- Yet Another Community System
- Yet Another Curta Simulator (VRML Simulation of the Famous Curta Mechanical Calculator)
- You Are Correct, Sir
- Youth Affairs Council of South Australia
- Yet Another Car Thread
- Yet Another Case Tool
- Yet Another Contest Team
- Yet Another Contribution to This Meta-Discussion
- Youth and Council Unite (Australia)
- Youth and Crime Unit in Government Office for London (est. 2001; London, England, UK)
- Youth Affairs Council of Victoria (Australia)
- Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia
- Yatton and Congresbury Wildlife Action Group (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Part of it may be that adolescent and young adult cancer survivors are not aware of their medical history and they are not aware of the long-term risks associated with their cancer and their cancer treatment," he said.
Caregiver Care Find resources for the adolescent and young adult cancer survivors in your life.
Our findings underscore the need for physicians caring for young adult cancer survivors to be informed about treatment exposures and their potential long-term adverse effects," Hudson said.
iy's mission is to end isolation and improve the quality of life of young adult cancer survivors by providing one-stop access to hard-to-find resources, peer support and social networks.
Temple University Hospital Cancer Center Broad & Ontario Streets, Philadelphia For all Man To Man events Contact: The American Cancer Society, 215-985-5400 WHAT: MOVING ON is a program designed by cancer survivors, for young adult cancer survivors.
The LAF awarded $95,085 to nine recipients for their programs addressing the unique set of physical, emotional, psychological and social challenges faced by adolescent and young adult cancer survivors.