From the Thomson group, Wilf joined the Yorkshire Post, five years later he moved to the Birmingham Post and Mail, where he became sales director and he remained in that position until his retirement in 1986 when we returned to South Wales and a village called Sully.
What does YP stand for?
YP stands for Yorkshire Post
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of YP
We have 2 other meanings of YP in our Acronym Attic
- Youth of Zion (religious group)
- Youth Only Zone
- Aero Lloyd Flugreisen (Germany, IATA airline code)
- District Patrol Vessel (US Navy)
- Patrol Craft (Self-Propelled)
- Yard Patrol
- Years Purchase
- Yellow Pages
- Yield Point (PSI)
- Yorke Peninsula (South Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There's nothing stopping this deal," the Yorkshire Post quotes a source as saying.
The High Flatts firm has been shortlisted for two prestigious regional food awards - the deliciouslyorkshire Awards and the 2012 Yorkshire Post Taste Awards.
CAUTION J Boss John Fry Revenue at the newspaper publishers, who own The Scotsman and the Yorkshire Post, fell 7.
Worse still, according to the Yorkshire Post, the pitch at the Don Valley Stadium "has never recovered from a U2 concert last summer".
2) According to the Yorkshire Post of 23 April 1924, they gave a remarkable display and were warmly congratulated by Sharp, who presented to each of them the silver badge of the Society, together with [pounds sterling]14 collected by the students.
The picture was slightly worse at Johnston Press, which owns The Scotsman and Yorkshire Post, although it too noted "greater stability over recent weeks" as advertising revenues fell 34.
There was a quartet of books in his Red Riding series - only three have been filmed so far - starting with Nineteen Seventy Four, which sees Eddie Dunford, a young crime reporter on The Yorkshire Post take up the story of a missing girl.