Quite a number of members have gained a distinction for their photos which are judged independently and often entered for the Yorkshire Photographic Union annual exhibition.
What does YPU stand for?
YPU stands for Yorkshire Photographic Union (Yorkshire, United Kingdom)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YPU
We have 4 other meanings of YPU in our Acronym Attic
- Yorke Peninsula Tourism Association, Inc. (Australia)
- Young People Taking Action (UK)
- Yayasan Peduli Timor Barat (Indonesian: West Timor Care Foundation)
- You Played That Crap
- Young Performers Theater Camp (Philadelphia, PA)
- Young Persons Theatre Company (UK)
- Yahoo Prevention Task Force (Nevada)
- Young Professionals of Toronto (Canada)
- Yale Political Union (New Haven, CT)
- Yamaguchi Prefectural University (Japan)
- Young People's Unit
- Young Photographers United (Ledeberg, Belgium)
- Youth Policy Update (journal; National Youth Agency; Leicester, England, UK)
- Yamaha Power Valve System
- Powell River, British Columbia, Canada (Airport Code)
- Yankee Pro Wrestling (now Top Rope Promotions; Fall River, MA)
- Young Peoples Workshops (Austin, Texas)
- Young Professionals of Wichita (Wichita, KS)
- Youth Philanthropy Worldwide
- Your Pregnancy, Week by Week (book)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is a long history of amateur photography in Batley where the town's Photographic Society was formed in 1897 and was one of 12 founder members of the Yorkshire Photographic Union which now includes 90 clubs.
CAPTION(S): OVER THE TOP: this picture by Peter Lindley, of Scarborough Photographic Society earned him the Rotherham Trophy for best sport, action or photo-journalism at the Yorkshire Photographic Union exhibition at the North Light Gallery, Armitage Bridge, which is set to attract over 1,500 visitors before it closes on Sunday