Performers included Black Water, Morley Folk and Alan & Carol Walker from the Yorkshire Dialect Society, along with local talent from the Croppers and Panthers Folk Clubs and Cleckheaton Poetry Group.
What does YDS stand for?
YDS stands for Yorkshire Dialect Society
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YDS
We have 25 other meanings of YDS in our Acronym Attic
- Youth Development and Research Fund, Inc. (Montgomery Village, MD)
- Youth Development and Reproductive Health (workshop; Centre for Development and Population Activities; Washington, DC)
- Yayasan Dian Rakyat Indonesia (Indonesian foundation)
- Young Driver Research Initiative
- Yale Depression Research Program (New Haven, CT)
- Yorkshire Dales Rescue Panel
- Yukon Department of Renewable Resources (Canada)
- Yahoo! Desktop Search
- Yale Divinity School
- Yogi Divine Society (India)
- Yosemite Decimal System
- You Don't Say
- Young Democratic Socialists
- Youngest Dear Son
- Youth Development Scheme (UK)
- Youth Development Specialist (various organizations)
- Yacht Designers and Surveyors Association (est. 1912; Petersfield, England, UK)
- Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa (Ministry of Youth Affairs; New Zealand)
- Young's Double-Slit Experiment (physics)
- Youth Development Strategies Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
Graeme Garvey, of the Yorkshire Dialect Society, accused the judge of discriminating against Yorkshire people and their centuries-old language.
A hearty Yorkshire meal will be served and a member of the Yorkshire Dialect Society will give a talk and poetry.
He's a vice-president of the Yorkshire Dialect Society, has edited their journal for 10 years and his 1994 work The Yorkshire Dictionary has an honoured place on the Examiner bookshelves.
I'm a member of the Yorkshire Dialect Society and I collect dialect books," she said.