On the third strike, a simple majority of the Senate can vote to end debate and the senator filibustering must yield the floor.
What does YTF stand for?
YTF stands for Yield the Floor (multi-person online chats)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of YTF
We have 6 other meanings of YTF in our Acronym Attic
- Youth Tissue Extract
- Youth Tap Ensemble Conference (Chicago, IL)
- Youth Technology Education Center (est. 2003; Saint Louis, MO)
- Youth Treatment and Education Center (est. 1997; San Francisco, CA)
- Yukon Tourism Education Council (Whitehorse, Yukon)
- Years to End of Life
- Youth Team Entrepreneurship Project (Canada)
- Youth Training Employment Program (Canada)
- Youth Training and Employment Partnership Programme (Trinidad and Tobago)
- Yesterday, Today, Forever
- YiG (Yttrium-Iron Garnet) Tuned Filter (microwave filter)
- Young Teen Fiction (Staffordshire Book Award)
- Young Telford Fighters (Edinburgh, Scotland gang)
- Youth for Technology Foundation (US and Nigeria)
- Youth Task Force (various locations)
- YouTube Friends
- Yeovil Town Football Club (UK)
- Youth Transition Funders Group
- Yavapai Tobacco-Free Partnership (Phoenix, AZ)
- Your Total Fitness Shop, Inc. (Little Rock, AR)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During the marathon delaying tactic, Paul said he would be happy to yield the floor "if the president or the attorney general will clarify that they are not going to kill non-combatants in America.
And now I am pleased to yield the floor to the gentleman from Maryland, the distinguished Democratic Leader in the House, Steny Hoyer.
After the third violation, the Senate can vote on a point of order, which if sustained would force the senator to yield the floor, according to the Legislative Reference Library of Texas website.
Paul said he would be happy to yield the floor "if the president or the attorney general will clarify that they are not going to kill non-combatants in America.
Louis alderwoman who allegedly urinated in a wastebasket rather than yield the floor during a filibuster.