He quotes among others Ossetic coergoes 'eagle', Sogdian carkas 'bird of prey', Middle Persian kargas, Khwarezmian krkys 'vulture', New Persian kargas, Yidgha kary[?
What does Yi stand for?
Yi stands for Yidgha (linguistics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Yi
We have 2 other meanings of Yi in our Acronym Attic
- Yellow-Head Virus
- Halifax International - Nova Scotia, Canada (airport code)
- Hay River, Northwest Territories, Canada (Airport Code)
- Youth Helping Youth (Scarborough, UK)
- Your Health Your Care Your Say (UK Department of Health)
- Your Home Your Money (blog)
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada - Halifax International (Airport Code)
- Yeeha Internetan (Cebu internet cafe)
- Yoshi's Island (video game; sequel to Super Mario World)
- Young Israel (aka National Council of Young Israel)
- Youth Initiative (various locations)
- Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro)
- Yamanashi International Association (Japan)
- Yate International Academy (UK)
- Yes I Am
- Young Investigator Award
- Youth in Action
- Youth in Aviation (Tuskegee Airmen affiliate)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Neither Hintze nor Kellens is aware of Georg Morgenstierne's proposal that the name is identical with the word usada- "shoulder" attested in the Frahang i oim 3g: usadam = Pahlavi pust i tez "pointed back," for which he adduced Sogdian so and modern Yidgha sile (Indo-Iranian Frontier Languages, vol.