Regions in seventy-five countries are affected--including the Aral Sea Basin in Central Asia, the Indo-Gangetic Basin in India, the Yellow River Basin in China, and the Colorado River Basin in the United States.
What does YRB stand for?
YRB stands for Yellow River Basin (China)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YRB
We have 9 other meanings of YRB in our Acronym Attic
- Young Researchers Attachment Programme (Agency for Science, Technology and Research; Singapore)
- Youth Restorative Action Project (Canada)
- York Region Amateur Radio Club (Newmarket, ON, Canada)
- Yacht Racing Association of Thailand
- York Region Association for Volunteer Administration (Ontario, Canada)
- Repair & Berthing Barge (Non Self-Propelled)
- Resolute, Northwest Territories, Canada - Resolute Bay (Airport Code)
- Yahoo! Research Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
- Yale Review of Books (Yale University; New Haven, CT)
- Yangtze River Basin (China)
- Yellow, Red, Blue
- Young Rich Bitch
- Youth Risk Behavior
- Yangtze River Basin Commission (China)
- Young Red Blood Cells
- Young Republicans of Bexar County (San Antonio, TX)
- York Region Board of Education
- Yayasan Rumpun Bambu Indonesia (Indonesian: Bamboo Family Foundation Indonesia)
- Repair, Berthing & Messing Barge (Non Self-Propelled)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Calibration and evaluation of HEC-RAS model of the Yellow River Basin.
The global perspective in this book includes discussions of a variety of topics and the most current research on them, including: climate change impacts on the hydrology and biogeochemistry of Arctic rivers, hydrological analysis of the Yellow River Basin in China, numerical simulation of future overturn and ecosystem impacts for deep lakes in Japan, climate change and the floodplain lakes of the Amazon Basin, managing the effects of climate change on urban water resources, and water management preparation strategies for adaptation to changing climate.
In his own words, "Figures such as Rodrigo de Figueredo, Francesco Brancati, Jose Moneteiro and Etienne Faber--men who ploughed the fertile mission fields of the lower Yangzi valley, the coastal areas of Fujian, and the Yellow River basin in Shaanxi and Shanxi--appear in high relief, an elevation usually granted only to the likes of Matteo Ricci, Johann Adam Schall and Ferdinand Verbiest" (19-20).
Holden interpreted for National Geographic teams researching the Yellow River basin and Tibet for the acclaimed book Journey Into China.
The Yellow River Basin is an area compatible in size to Australia's Murray-Darling Basin, but with 400 million people partly relying on its water assets it faces far greater demands on its resources.
Meanwhile, India is proposing to link all 37 of its major rivers in a massive water supply scheme, Spain plans to build 120 dams in the Ebro River basin, and China intends to transfer water from the Yangtze River north to the overstressed Yellow River basin.
The "West Route Water Diversion Project" now being developed will divert surplus waters from the upper reaches of the Yangtze River, where the water emerges from the Himalayas and the Tibetan plateau, to the Yellow River basin, which has long suffered from drought and slow economic growth.