Yeast cell walls and extracts thereof: mannans and betaC glucans.
What does YCW stand for?
YCW stands for Yeast Cell Wall (animal nutrition)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of YCW
We have 13 other meanings of YCW in our Acronym Attic
- Yokohama Cable Vision (Japan)
- Young Citizen Volunteers
- Your Catholic Voice (Bakersfield, CA)
- Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau (Yokohama, Japan)
- Yolo County Visitor's Bureau (Davis, CA)
- Your Catholic Voice Foundation
- Yuan, Chen, Vucetic, and Firmanto (coding scheme)
- Yacht Club Von Hagenburg (Germany)
- Youth Crime and Violence Initiative (Canada)
- Yachtclub Weiden (Weiden, Germany)
- Yogyakarta Corruption Watch (Indonesia)
- Young Canada Works (work-study program; Canada)
- Young Christian Workers
- Your Comments Welcomed
- Yacht Club Westfalia Arnsberg (German yacht club)
- Youth Crime Watch of America
- Yuba County Water Agency (est. 1959; Marysville, CA)
- Yavapai County Water Advisory Committee (Arizona)
- Yacht Club Wasserburg Bodensee (Germany)
- Yale College Writing Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
The remaining cells were subjected to mild sonication (Vibra Cell VCX130, Sonic & Materials, CT, USA) on ice for 2 min (3 mm microtip probe, 20% amplitude, pulse 15 s, interval 3 s), an established method for monitoring yeast cell wall disruption (Ruiz et al.
The important characteristics of yeast cell wall are referred to as mannans, mannan conjugates, high water solubility; broadspectrum of biological activity, low toxicity, stability and anti-mutagenic effects via different modes of action.
However, according to them, some other components in the yeast cell wall can damp down this immune response.
His research interests are yeast cell wall biology, Candida albicans genetics, and high-throughput screening for antifungal drugs.
Beta-glucan from yeast cell wall was shown to improve humoral immunity of pigs (Li et al.
Dietary fiber produced from the brewer's yeast cell wall.
Crossflow ceramic membranes are durable, resistant to heat and chemicals, and allow the separation of beer and yeast without breaking the yeast cell walls, "he says, "which is essential to avoid beer contamination.