1) The United Nations named 2005 the International Year of Microcredit.
What does YOM stand for?
YOM stands for Year of Microcredit (UN)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YOM
We have 5 other meanings of YOM in our Acronym Attic
- You Oughta Love Orangutans
- You're Only Loved Online
- Your Only Lesbian Online
- Your Oven Looks Old
- Youth Obeying Lucifer's Orders
- Youth Orchestra of the Lowcountry (Charleston, SC)
- Year Of Life Saved
- You Only Live Twice (James Bond Movie)
- Year Of Manufacture (classic/antique motor vehicle license plate laws)
- Year Of Marriage
- Year of the Museum (American Association of Museums)
- Year Old Male
- You Owe Me
- Youth of the Month (various organizations)
- Youth Oriented Music (TV network)
- You Owe Me A New Keyboard
- Youth Outreach Media Mentor Program
- Your Own Marching Pace (England's Royal Marines slang)
- Your Opinion May Vary
- You Offend Me You Offend My Family (blog)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The United Nations' proclamation of 2005 as the International Year of Microcredit, as well as the Nobel Peace Prize awarded in 2006 to Muhammad Yunus, are both clear signs of this recognition.
Microcredit has enjoyed the limelight of late: 2005 was the United Nations 'International Year of Microcredit.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The reception marked the partnership between M & S Money's parent company, HSBC, and Opportunity International UK, which is supporting a global drive to "Make Poverty History" and the United Nations Year of Microcredit.
The year 2005 is the year of Microcredit (United Nations 2004, 1).
State aid The Swiss government is also marking the UN Year of Microcredit.
Related Web sites International Year of Microcredit www.
The Microcredit Summit Campaign's progress report comes at the conclusion of the UN's 2005 International Year of Microcredit.