Gary Saul Morson The Words of Others Yale University Press [ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Words of Others guides the reader through the definition, history, and cultural context of quotation, asking not only why we quote certain things or people but how quotation functions in our society.
What does YUP stand for?
YUP stands for Yale University Press
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of YUP
We have 5 other meanings of YUP in our Acronym Attic
- York University Music Students Association (Canada)
- York University Mature Students' Organization (Canada)
- New Dinar (currency of Yugoslavia)
- Victorian Young Unionists' Network (Carlton South, Victoria, Australia)
- Yearbook of the United Nations
- Young Urban Network
- Yearly Ukrainian National Awards (est. 2012; music)
- Young Urban Nude Beach Enthusiasts (Boston, MA)
- Yugoslavia October Dinar (national currency since 1993; replaced by Dinar 1994)
- York University Outing Club (Canada)
- Yellow Unicycle Project (Austin, TX)
- Yhdistyneet Urbaanit Puoskarit (band)
- Young Underwater Photographers (internet community; UK)
- Young Urban Professionals
- Your Universal Phone (software)
- Yale University Publications in Anthropology (book series)
- York University Portuguese Association (Canada)
- Young Urban Professionals Meet (networking group; Canada)
- Young Urban Professional
- Yugoslavia Reformed Dinar (national currency since 1992; replaced by October Dinar 1993)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Short List Mark Girouard Elizabethan Architecture Yale University Press for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art ISBN 9780300093865 50 [pounds sterling] pp 280 150 col Paul O'Keeffe A Genius for Failure.
14 (ANI): The Yale University Press is refusing to print cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a new book out of fear that it might incite violence, and this has left the book's author, Jytte Klausen, disappointed.
The Talking Book: African Americans and the Bible by Allen Dwight Callahan Yale University Press, October 2006 $30, ISBN 0-300-10936-9 "And the Word was God.
Yale University Press has produced many beautiful books, but this one is spoiled not only by Tafuri's impossibly impenetrable writing, but by the many dim, hopelessly distorted, and often fuzzy black-and-white photographs of which the most horrible are those of the circular courtyard of the Palace of Charles V at Granada (104), Granada Cathedral (114, 118, 119, 120), and the great chapel in San Salvador at Ubela (123): they should have been rejected out of hand and decent photographs commissioned.
For a mere $18 Yale University Press has provided a model book for use in classes, and thereby fulfilled Sarti's aim "to make the themes that today are challenging historical research accessible to a public beyond professional specialists and especially to students" (xi).
Abbasi Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies c/o Yale University Press PO Box 209040, New Haven, CT 06520-9040 097078824X $16.
Thailand has banned imports of a biography of King Bhu-mibol Adulyadej to be published by Yale University Press in the US, according to the Royal Thai Police.