The Yale-Edinburgh Group on the History of the Missionary Movement and World Christianity, which is sponsored by the Centre for the Study of World Christianity at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, and by Yale Divinity School and the Overseas Ministries Study Center, both New Haven, Connecticut, will meet at Yale Divinity School, June 27-29, 2013, to address the topic "Health, Healing, and Medicine in the History of Christian Missions and World Christianity.
What does YDS stand for?
YDS stands for Yale Divinity School
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YDS
We have 25 other meanings of YDS in our Acronym Attic
- Young Democratic Rural Conference (New York)
- Young Democrats of Richmond County
- Youth Development and Research Fund, Inc. (Montgomery Village, MD)
- Youth Development and Reproductive Health (workshop; Centre for Development and Population Activities; Washington, DC)
- Yayasan Dian Rakyat Indonesia (Indonesian foundation)
- Young Driver Research Initiative
- Yale Depression Research Program (New Haven, CT)
- Yorkshire Dales Rescue Panel
- Yukon Department of Renewable Resources (Canada)
- Yahoo! Desktop Search
- Yogi Divine Society (India)
- Yorkshire Dialect Society
- Yosemite Decimal System
- You Don't Say
- Young Democratic Socialists
- Youngest Dear Son
- Youth Development Scheme (UK)
- Youth Development Specialist (various organizations)
- Yacht Designers and Surveyors Association (est. 1912; Petersfield, England, UK)
- Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa (Ministry of Youth Affairs; New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Vatican has condemned a book on sexuality written by Sister Margaret Farley, a member of the Sisters of Mercy religious order and emeritus professor of Christian ethics at Yale Divinity School.
Farley, who is a member of the 'Sisters of Mercy' and professor emerita at Yale Divinity School, expressed her support for a long list of sins in the eyes of the Church.
Held at Fordham University, Columbia University's Union Theological Seminary, Yale Divinity School and Fairfield University, the "More Than A Monologue: Sexual Diversity and the Catholic Church" discussions will bring into the open a variety of perspectives on same-sex marriage, youth suicide, homosexuality in religious life and other issues, according to program organizer Paul Lakeland.
RELIGION/ENVIRONMENT Yale Divinity School * Joint Degree in Religion and Forestry and Environmental Studies New Haven, Connecticut Yale Divinity School offers an array of innovative joint degrees, but the most unique is with the School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, a relationship that "reflects the opening up of religious bodies to reflect on a more expansive understanding of creation and our responsibility to live in it with respect for all life," says the divinity school's associate dean Emilie Townes.
Brandon Johnson, a graduate of Yale Divinity School and a native of Cedar Falls, Iowa, has been called as the new associate minister for Youth and Discipleship Ministries at the United Church of Santa Fe.
Yale Divinity School Dean Harold Attridge said Yale is committed to bringing the best insights of faith and intellect to bear on contemporary life, and the relationship between Christians and Muslims "is one of the most pressing issues of our time.
Yale Divinity School Dean Harold Attridge said, "I am extremely pleased that Yale Divinity School is hosting this important conference.