Brazilian citriculture has been affected by diseases associated with insect vectors, such as Citrus variegated chlorosis (CVC), whose causal agent is a vector-borne bacterium, Xylella fastidiosa Welles et al.
What does Xfa stand for?
Xfa stands for Xylella Fastidiosa
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Xfa
We have 3 other meanings of Xfa in our Acronym Attic
- Xenforo (software)
- Xilinx Foundation
- Xtreme Forces (Unreal Tournament gaming clan)
- Xtreme Fraggers (gaming clan)
- 9-Beta-D-Xylofuranosyladenine (biochemistry)
- X-ray Fluorescence Analysis
- XML for All
- XML Forms Architecture (Jetform Corp)
- Xtreme Fighting Alliance (online gaming group)
- Xtreme Fat Burner
- Xzuberant Faith Basketball Association
- Xtreme F-Body Enthusiasts
- Extendable Flow Computer
- X Factor Consulting (Woodstock, GA; nonprofit marketing and resources)
- X-Band Frequency Converter
- Xenon Flow Controller
- Xtreme Fight Championship (Texas)
- Xtreme for Christ (ministry)
- eXtended File Control Block
Samples in periodicals archive:
These studies focused on the critical role that saliva plays when the glassy-winged sharpshooter injects the Pierce's disease bacterium, Xylella fastidiosa, into grapes.
Even detection of the extremely slow-growing Xylella fastidiosa (Pierce's disease of grapes and leaf scorch of shade trees) is improved by Bio-PCR.
Other topics include the origins of plant pathogens in agro-ecosystems, models of fungicide resistance dynamics, the plant and insect lifestyles of Xylella fastidiosa, and insect vector interactions with persistently transmitted viruses.
Flutuacao populacional de cigarrinhas vetoras de Xylella fastidiosa em pomares comerciais de citros no noroeste do Parana.
campestris, and Xylella fastidiosa, also do not contain chromosomal homologs of the [bla.
In 1997, scientists and policymakers in the state of Sao Paulo, Brazil had the foresight to invest in efforts to sequence the genome of Xylella fastidiosa, a bacterium that infects citrus plants, threatening orange cultivation.
The bacterium Xylella Fastidiosa causes Pierce's Disease in grapes, which infects and kills the grapevine.