27, to announce black hole observations from its newest X-ray telescope, the Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array (NuSTAR), and the European Space Agency's XMM-Newton X-ray telescope.
What does XRT stand for?
XRT stands for X-Ray Telescope
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XRT
We have 8 other meanings of XRT in our Acronym Attic
- X-Ray Spectroscopy
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Role Sheet
- XML Related Standards
- Xtrem Rangers Squadron (gaming clan)
- X-Ray Symptom Complexes
- Exchange Rate
- Extended Reliability Test
- Extensions for Real-Time
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- X-Ray Therapy (radiation)
- X-Ray Topography (mapping crystalline solids)
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) Resource Type Sheet
- Radiation Therapy
- X-Ray Vision
- Xerox Retirees West Club
- X Recorded Wrestling Federation (forum)
- Xerox Corporation (stock symbol)
- Xforms, Rest and Xquery (web application)
- Xpand Rally Xtreme (computer gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
X-ray telescopes have shown how many nearby galaxies host ULXs, which can be bright enough to outshine an entire galaxy.
Astronomers from the University of Southampton-along with colleagues in Taiwan, South Africa, Poland, Australia and Italy-made the discovery by detecting a dramatic, short-lived X-ray flare that was picked up by an X-ray telescope on the International Space Station.
They had aimed the spacecraft's X-ray telescope at a recently discovered supernova.
9, Soderberg and her colleagues were using an X-ray telescope on Swift to study a supernova in NGC 2770 that had been discovered 10 days earlier.
The brightest supernova ever seen has been observed by Nasa's orbiting Chandra x-ray telescope.
Four different radio telescopes and two x-ray telescopes were used to collect solar data.
British scientists have played a key role in two of its key instruments, the X-ray telescope and the UV/optical telescope.