CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts and BOTHELL, Washington, September 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Edimer Pharmaceuticals and CMC Biologics today announce the execution of a manufacturing contract to support the development of EDI200, a clinical-stage recombinant protein for the treatment of X-linked Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia (XLHED), a rare genetic disease with orphan designation in the USA and Europe.
What does XLHED stand for?
XLHED stands for X-Linked Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- X Logical Font Description (Unix)
- Export Lead Growth
- Extra Large
- Extra Large Grin (chat slang)
- 40 Gigabit Media Independent Interface
- Harley-Davidson Sportster motorcycle model
- X Linked Hydrocephalus (genetic disorder)
- X-Linked Hypogammaglobulinaemia (genetic disorder)
- X-linked Hypophosphatemia
- Xenopus Laevis Histone H5
- X-Linked Hypophosphataemic Rickets
- X-linked ichthyosis
- X-Linked Incomplete Achromatopsia
- X-Linked Immunodeficiency Diseases
- eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (NuVasive)
- XML Localization Interchange File Format
- Xlink Linux Installer and Launcher
- Extended Lokales Informatik Netz Karlsruhe (German: Extended Local Computer Science Network Karlsruhe; University of Karlsruhe; Germany)
- XML Linking Language
- Xenopus Larval Keratin
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most common type of ectodermal dysplasia is the X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (HED; OMIN #305100) with a birth frequency of 1:10,000 [Carter, 1977] to 1:100,000 [Stevenson and Kerr, 1967].
Edimer Pharmaceuticals, a biotechnology company focused on developing an innovative therapy for the rare genetic disorder, X-linked Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia (XLHED), today announced the receipt of Fast Track designation from the U.