Chapters describe studies in areas such as sex chromosomes and gender differences, chromosomal versus phenotypic sex, genomic imprinting, X chromosome inactivation and gestational trophoblastic diseases, and mammalian X-linked gene function from X-monosomy and X-polysomy.
What does XCI stand for?
XCI stands for X Chromosome Inactivation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of XCI
- Extra Wide Cleaning Head (wide web material)
- X-Linked Constitutive Heterochromatin (biomedicine)
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Xavier Centre of Historical Research (India)
- eXtended Cylinder Head Sectors
- Xenia Christian High School (Xenia, OH)
- Chambord, Quebec, Canada - Chambord / via Rail Service (Airport Code)
- eXtensible Chart Integration
- X-Chromosomal Ichthyosis (genetics)
- XML Court Interface
- XO Communications IP Administrator
- extensible Customer Information Standard
- X Chromosome Inactivation Pattern (gene research)
- Xerox Community Involvement Program (Canada)
- Xilinx Controlled Impedance Technology
- Armed Merchant Cruiser (US Navy)
- Extreme Class Library
Samples in periodicals archive:
RESULTS Clonality Assessment To verify the HUMARA methodology, DNA isolated from a basal cell carcinoma was analyzed and observed to yield a clonal pattern of X chromosome inactivation by comparing tumor DNA before and after HpaII digestion.
What led scientists to the process of X chromosome inactivation in the first place were some cats, though perhaps not calicos.
Among epigenetic phenomena discussed in this thorough treatment are imprinting, X chromosome inactivation, and DNA methylation, with specific examples from model systems and clear explication of experimental methods.
Currently he is studying X chromosome inactivation and the biological roles of DNA methylation.