They received the land from the World Zionist Organization (WZO) in the 1980s.
What does WZO stand for?
WZO stands for World Zionist Organization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WZO
We have 1 other meaning of WZO in our Acronym Attic
- Warm Zones Limited (UK)
- Wijf Zonder Lijf
- Wojskowe Zaklady Lotnicze (Polish: Military Aviation Works)
- Warszawa Z Lotu Orla (Polish: Warsaw with an Eagle in Flight; art exhibition)
- White-Zeste-Mottled (life science)
- Wojskowe Zaklady Mechaniczne (Polish: Military Mechanical Plants)
- Webb, Zerafa, Menkes, Housden Partnership (now WZMH Architects; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- World Zelda Music Radio
- Western Zebra Mussel Task Force (US Bureau of Reclamation)
- Willem Zwijgt Niet Meer (Dutch: William Silent No More; news/politics/science blog)
- World Zoroastrian Organisation
- Women's Zionist Organization of America
- West Zone Power Distribution Company Limited
- Weng Zheng Resources Bhd (Malaysia)
- Wege Zur Sozialversicherung (German: Towards Social Security; magazine)
- Weissenbacher-Zweymuller Syndrome
- Work Zone Safety (Department of Transportation; various locations)
- Work Zone Safety Awareness (various locations)
- Work Zone Self Assessment (US Federal Highway Administration)
- Work Zone Safety Awareness Week
Samples in periodicals archive:
When it comes to Europe, the World Zionist Organization can trace its history back at least 100 years.
The Jewish Agency, an offshoot of the World Zionist Organization, is devoting almost all its resources to the settlements.
The Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations, the umbrella group of AIPAC's executive committee, is housed in the same New York office as the World Zionist Organization - American Section, a registered foreign agent that is heavily involved in illegal settlement expansion according to Israeli prosecutor Thalia Sasson.
In 1948, following the establishment of the state, Silver was removed from all official positions in the World Zionist Organization and the Jewish Agency by David Ben-Gurion, the first prime minister of Israel.
For the State of Israel, the World Zionist Organization and the Jewish Agency provide a valuable legal mechanism.
where he became vice-chairman of the World Jewish Congress and a leader in the World Zionist Organization, published in 1934 a special book Wir Juden (We Jews) to celebrate Hitler's so-called German Revolution and the defeat of liberalism.
Other important Jewish institutions at that time included the Jewish Agency for Palestine and the World Zionist Organization, which played a major role in the Yishuv and modern-day Israel in mobilizing the political and financial support of Jewish communities around the world.