Harrington has barely got over the shock of his British Open victory at Carnoustie but, so soon after the success that made his a world wide name, he must tee it up again in the USPGA championship at Southern Hills.
What does WWN stand for?
WWN stands for World Wide Name
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WWN
We have 20 other meanings of WWN in our Acronym Attic
- Woodrow Wilson Middle School (Clifton, New Jersey)
- World Wide Materials System
- Wild West Modified Tour (est. 2006; Myton, UT)
- William Wates Memorial Trust (Leatherhead, Surrey, England, UK)
- World Wide Message Tribe (band)
- We Were Meant to Be
- World-Wide Media eXchange
- Weekly World News
- Wer Will Nochmal (German: Who Will Again; TV show)
- With Winch
- World Wide Net, Inc.
- World Wide Network
- World Wide Newton Conference
- What Would Napoleon Do
- What Would Nature Do
- What Would Nietzsche Do
- Wallowa Whitman National Forest (Oregon)
- Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation (Princeton, NJ)
- Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation
- Was Wikipedia Nicht Ist (German: What Wikipedia Is Not)
Samples in periodicals archive:
LUN Masking and Partitioning * LUNs may be masked in any combination of Fibre Channel port and/or World Wide Name.
All are world wide names except for Peterson and Roro who were prevented from playing in the national side because of their colour in the grim old days.
In addition, as a SAN storage unit, the DSI3600 provides advanced logical unit number (LUN) provisioning management, world wide name (WWN) masking, and advanced protection via its web-based management application.
With the SilkWorm 3800, Brocade SANs now support hardware enforcement of zoning by World Wide Name.
These sophisticated security features include controller-based Data Shredding, LUN Security for LUN-level access control to world wide names (WWN), Write Once Read Many (WORM) software for tamperproof long-term data retention, Role-Based Access, an Audit Log file which stores a history of all user access operations performed on the system, and Fibre Channel Secure Protocol Authorization A (FC-SP Auth A) for the authentication of Fibre Channel entities, as well as support for encryption appliances.
1) Series fabric switches: -- World Wide Name Zoning and Hardware Enforcement This standard enables interoperable fabric switching by creating zone standards within the 7000 and 9000 that "merge" with the zoning information on other switches.
SANmapping(TM) provides allocation and masking of RAID Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs) to host World Wide Names (WWNs), allowing Unix and Microsoft(TM) hosts to share consolidated RAID controller resources without any additional software.