The following veterans passed away between Memorial Day, 2007 and Memorial Day, 2008: West Boylston Irving Olson, Army, World War II Hunter Lohman, Navy, World War II Korea Maynard Richards, Army, World War II Paul Hemenway Army, World War II Lawrence Rheaume, Army, World War II Francis Ward Sr.
What does WWII stand for?
WWII stands for World War II
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WWII
We have 1 other meaning of WWII in our Acronym Attic
- What Would I Do?
- What Would Ivan Do?
- World Wide Identification (number)
- Western Way for Industrial Development Co. (Saudi Arabia)
- What Would I Do without You (Ray Charles song)
- Wisconsin Women in Government (Madison, WI)
- World Wide Investment Group
- World Wide Indoor Golf Association (Netherlands)
- Wimley and White Interfacial Hydrophobicity (virology scale)
- Writing Women into History (project)
- World Wide Allotment Area II
- World War Three
- World War II Online (game)
- World War II Victory Medal
- Without Weapons It's Just Another Airline
- Want Want International Limited (Singapore)
- Wire and Wireless India Limited
- World Wide Interactive Learning Design (online community)
- What Was I Looking For?
- Warioware, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Focusing primarily on black-white relationships--because, Lubin argues, the bulk of the sources relate to black-white relationships and because relationships between blacks and whites engendered far more controversy than other kinds of interracial pairings--Lubin asserts that World War II created new conditions which gave rise to a form of politics centered on black intimacy with whites.
com 1-800-223-1244 World War II: A Legacy of Letters One Soldier's Journey presents the authentic World War II correspondence written by author Clinton Frederick's father, Captain George Frederick, to Clinton's mother, then a young woman.
Christopher Behn of the Defense Department's Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command (JPAC) search the mountains for the World War II crash site of a U.
World War II ended 60 years ago, but memories of that conflagration show surprising staying power.
Ground tours are free for children under age 8 and World War II military veterans.
As I write this, the sounds of the World War II Memorial celebration in Washington, D.
Then, of course, Lindburgh's transoceanic flight was another landmark as we began to shrink the globe over time and get into World War II following the lead of General Jimmy Doolittle in his pioneering work along with General Curtis LeMay and instrument flying.