However, the errant island stuck on some maps and then crept into digital databases like the widely used World Vector Shoreline Database, which was developed by the U.
What does WVS stand for?
WVS stands for World Vector Shoreline (geographic data)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WVS
We have 42 other meanings of WVS in our Acronym Attic
- Wallkill Valley Rail Trail Association
- Wabash Valley Rail-Trail Consulting
- West Virginia Rails to Trails Council (Morgantown, WV)
- West Valley Republican Women Federated (National Federation of Republican Women; Santa Clara County, CA)
- West Virginia Rural Water Association
- Weighted Voting System
- Winamp Visualization Studio
- Winnipeg Vegetarian Society (Canada)
- Women's Voluntary Services (British)
- World Values Survey
- Washington Very Special Arts (community arts and education association; Washington, DC)
- West Virginia Soccer Association
- Western Victoria Soccer Association (Australia)
- Whistler Valley Snowboard Academy (Canada)
- Wyoming Valley Sanitary Authority (Wilkes-Barre, PA; est. 1962)
- West Virginia Search and Rescue Council (Charleston, WV)
- West Virginia State Bar
- White varietal Sauvignon Blanc (grape)
- West Virginia School Boards Association
- West Virginia Small Business Development Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
The SPx Simulator utilises terrain elevation data from NASA's 'Shuttle Radar Topography Mission' and includes tiled maps and world vector shoreline displays to add context to the radar video being displayed.
Cambridge Pixel, a developer of sensor processing and display solutions, has enhanced its RadarView Windows-based radar visualisation software tool to allow complex map and charts, for example, electronic navigation charts (ENC), tiled maps, world vector shoreline, and raster images, to be displayed with the primary radar video.