As stressed by the 2005 World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), ICT must be effectively integrated into development activities if the internationally agreed development goals, including the Millennium Development Goals, are to be achieved within the agreed time frame.
What does WSIS stand for?
WSIS stands for World Summit on the Information Society
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WSIS
We have 12 other meanings of WSIS in our Acronym Attic
- Washington State Institute for Public Policy
- Wall Street Investor Resources (Baltimore, MD)
- Willow Springs International Raceway (California)
- Wole Soyinka Investigative Reporting Award (Nigeria)
- Washington State Institutional Review Board
- Waste Stream Information Sheet
- Whiplash Shaken Infant Syndrome (child neurology)
- White Smoke Identification System (US Navy)
- Who Should I Start? (fantasy football)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance System (Canada)
- Walnut Springs Independent School District (Texas)
- White Settlement Independent School District (Fort Worth, TX)
- Wyzsza Szkola Informatyki Stosowanej I Zarzadzania (Polish: University of Applied Science and Management; Warsaw, Poland)
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer (course)
- Weapon System Impact Tool
- Web Services Integration Toolkit (computing)
- Web Services Interoperability Technology
- Washington State International Trade Fair (Woodinville, WA)
- Weapon System Interface Trade Study
- Waikato Stable Isotope Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
TUNIS, Tunisia -- Acting as the ambassador for the global information and communications technology industries, Intel Chairman Craig Barrett today spoke at the opening ceremony of the United Nations World Summit on the Information Society (UNWSIS) about a new era in economic history marked by "ideas as the new source of wealth.
HELSINKI, Finland -- Stonesoft, an innovative provider of integrated network security and business continuity solutions, is a main partner of the Organizing Committee and a major sponsor of the World Summit on the Information Society (COSMSI) in Tunis in November 2005.
BUSINESS WIRE)--March 11, 2002 Commence Corporation, a leading provider of CRM and e-business solutions for small- and medium-sized businesses, today announced that the United Nations (UN) World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) is deploying Commence Relationship Management (Commence RM) to centralize information about global attendees and events, and drive the entire Summit preparation process.