The SOS report was compiled by ASU's International Institute for Species Exploration in partnership with the International Plant Names Index, Zoological Record published by Thomson Reuters, International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, AlgaeBase, MycoBank and World Register of Marine Species.
What does WoRMS stand for?
WoRMS stands for World Register of Marine Species
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WoRMS
We have 2 other meanings of WoRMS in our Acronym Attic
- Weapon of Raid Machines (Sky Girls anime)
- White Old Republican Male
- Workshop on Ontologies: Reasoning and Modularity
- Workshop on Risk Management (US NASA; annual conference)
- Write Once Read Memory
- Write Only-Read Many (less common)
- Write-Once, Read-Many
- Workshop on Risk Mitigation Measures (Germany)
- We Openly Resist Military Stupidity (Vietnam era protest newspaper)
- Whole-Organ Magnetic Resonance Imaging Score
- World-Wide-Web for Operations Research and Management Science
- Washington, DC Operations Research and Management Science Council
- Write Once, Read Never
- Write Once, Read Occasionally (data archives)
- Wireless Outdoor Router Protocol (Proxim)
- Women of the Romantic Period (teaching website; University of Texas)
- World Online Road Racing League
- Weighted Operative Risk Scale (surgical medicine)
- Wisconsin Off-Road Series (mountain bike race series)
- Worldwide Outpatient Reporting System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The names of the species are being recorded on the new World Register of Marine Species.