This standpoint contrasts to the 2009 World Press Freedom Review which covers some of the same time frame and was released by the International Press Institute (IPI) in February.
What does WPFR stand for?
WPFR stands for World Press Freedom Review (International Press Institute)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WPFR
- Western Pacific Fishery Management Council (Honolulu, HI)
- Western Prairie Fringed Orchid
- Work Performed for Others
- Wrong Parameter Order in Function Call (software fault)
- Welfare Pension Fund Plan (Japan)
- Wigner-Poisson-Fokker-Planck (quantum evolution equation)
- Working Poor Families Project (est. 2002)
- Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Act (Public Law 83-566)
- Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention Program (Natural Resources Conservation Service; USDA)
- Warranty Period Failure Rate (reliability engineering)
- Washington Psychotronic Film Society
- Working Party on Financial Statistics (Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development; various locations)
- World Protection for Snakes (UK)
- West Philadelphia Financial Services Institution (Pennsylvania; est. 1997)
- Women Playing for T.I.M.E.
- Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (Microsoft)
- Wrong Variable Used in Parameter of Function Call (software fault)
- World Population Film/Video Festival
- Die Wirtschaftsprüfung (German auditing journal)
- Watts per Gallon (aquarium lighting)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The workshop was conducted to shed light on unpunished crimes against journalists as according to the International Press Institutes annual World Press Freedom Review, Pakistan became the second deadliest place for journalists during the year 2008.
The IPI World Press Freedom Review 2006 said, ''the figure is largely due to the targeting of local journalists in Iraq, which saw 46 journalists killed.