Sanger was the inspiration of the World Population conference of 1927 which, according to Connelly, marked the stage at which eminent demographers and scientists began to take an international view of population.
What does WPC stand for?
WPC stands for World Population Conference
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WPC
We have 189 other meanings of WPC in our Acronym Attic
- Work Performance Category
- Workshop on Pervasive Computing
- Workstation Processing Center (ATWCS)
- World Parkinson Congress (Parkinson's disease)
- World Partner Conference
- World Peace Council
- World Petroleum Congress
- World Pizza Champions
- World Poker Clinic (website)
- World Pool Championship
- World Poultry Congress (World's Poultry Science Association)
- World Prayer Center (various locations)
- World Product Centre (New York, NY)
- World Puzzle Championships
- Write Precompensation
- Writtle Parish Council (UK)
- Water Pollution Control Act of 1948 (US Clean Water Act)
- Water Pollution Control Association (various locations)
- Water Pollution Control Authority (Connecticut)
- Willowfield Parish Community Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This report tracks the evolution of governments' views and policies on population and development that has taken place since the World Population Conference in 1974.
Yet even as late as 1973, as the following episode that involved Mildred Persinger and other NGO representatives in the World Population Conference preparations demonstrates, as the UN and member states were debating and defining programs and strategies to respond to global problems of population growth and development, they were not recognizing that 'women' mattered.
Not world population conferences, such as last year's Cairo conference which amply demonstrated that religious bigotry, quoting man-inspired and man-conspired sermons, and those of a long, long time ago, as of divine exposition, will in the foreseeable future very effectively thwart, block, and destroy rational action.
But as recently as 1984, the government still hadn't made a dent in the growth rate, as Vice President Mwai Kibaki conceded at the second World Population Conference held that year in Mexico City.
Your thoughts on the world population conference in Cairo?
Transition theory was used during the inaugural United Nations World Population Conference (Bucharest, 1974) to support the optimistic view that current high rates of global population growth will not persist, and it has drawn a healthy number of proponents in subsequent conferences.
World Population Conference in Cairo is fast approaching.