Proceeds from the dinner will support the Seventh Global Assembly of the World Movement for Democracy, which will bring together some 550 democratic activists to exchange experiences and ideas and to build networks of support for democracy worldwide, in Lima, Peru, October 14-17, 2012.
What does WMD stand for?
WMD stands for World Movement for Democracy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WMD
We have 108 other meanings of WMD in our Acronym Attic
- White Muscle Disease
- Why Men Die
- Wife, Mother, Daughter
- Windows Media Device (Microsoft)
- Work Management Department
- Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorder
- Workers' Memorial Day (Worlwide Trades Unions)
- World Marriage Day
- World Maths Day
- World Message Day (anti-war website)
- World's Most Dangerous
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Common Operational Picture
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team(s)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Decision Analysis Center
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Medical Countermeasures
- Weapons of Mass Destruction - Response Element Advanced Laboratory Integrated Training and Indoctrination (course)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction Consequence Management (US DoD)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction and their means of Delivery
- Weapons of Mass Destruction/Effects
- Weapons of Mass Destruction and Means of Delivery
Samples in periodicals archive:
The President's statement came during the opening speech at the Sixth Assembly of the World Movement for Democracy.
In 1999, the NED initiated the World Movement for Democracy, "which presupposes the universality of the democratic idea" and the inevitability of "democratic transition," even in a Middle East that lacks democratic traditions.