The World Medical Association prohibits its physicians from participating in force-feeding, The key issue, Maurer believes, is reaching a political compromise that would mend the situation in the long run.
What does WMA stand for?
WMA stands for World Medical Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WMA
We have 155 other meanings of WMA in our Acronym Attic
- Windows Media Audio (Microsoft)
- Winery Music Awards
- Wireless Marketing Association
- Wireless Messaging API
- Wireless Multicast Advantage
- Wisconsin Military Academy (Fort McCoy, WI)
- Women Marines Association
- Women Military Aviators
- World Marketing Alliance
- World Masters Athletics (running)
- World Metal Alliance
- World Music Association (various locations)
- Wyoming Mining Association (Cheyenne, WY)
- Watershed Management Area 5 (New Jersey)
- Waltham Mills Artists Association (Waltham, MA)
- Waste Management Association of Australia (est. 1991)
- Western Michigan University Alumni Association
- What's My Age Again?
- White Mountains Attractions Association
- Wichita Mountains Access Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
 The World Medical Association (WMA) defines futile medical treatment as treatment that 'offers no reasonable hope of recovery or improvement' or from which 'the patient is permanently unable to experience any benefit.
The World Medical Association, a confederation of international physicians' organizations, recommends that physicians ascertain that the hunger striker does not have a mental health issue that undermines their ability to make decisions, and that their decision to fast or refuse treatment is not coerced.
In 1948, a modern version of which oath was drawn up by the world medical association in Geneva?
6 (1975): 87-90; World Medical Association, World Medical Association Declaration on Hunger Strikers, November 1991 (revised in 1992 and 2006), http://www.
This decision prevented Desai from taking over as the president of the World Medical Association.
1) See WMA Statement on Human Organ Donation and Transplantation, WORLD MEDICAL ASSOCIATION [paragraph] B(1) (2006), available at http://www.
A call to eliminate female genital mutilation as a gross form of violence against women has come from the World Medical Association (WMA) and the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO).