Increasingly, they are acting in concert and learning from one another, regionally, and through national and international networks such as the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability, United Cities and Local Governments, the EUs Covenant of Mayors, and the World Mayors Council on Climate Change.
What does WMCCC stand for?
WMCCC stands for World Mayors Council on Climate Change
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WMCCC
We have 1 other meaning of WMCCC in our Acronym Attic
- Waste Management of Canada Corporation (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- West Marin Chamber of Commerce (California)
- West Marsh Community Centre (UK)
- Western Segment of the Maine Coastal Current
- Wichita Mountains Climbers Coalition
- World Mayors' Council on Climate Change
- World Media & Culture Center (Ohio State University)
- West Montgomery County Citizens Association (Maryland)
- Washington Metropolitan Chapter of Community Associations Institute
- West Midlands Child Care Consortium (UK)
- West Midlands Cyclo-Cross League (UK)
- West Midlands Collaborative Commerce Marketplace (UK)
- Worldwide Military Command and Control System
- Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- West Monroe Community Development (Louisiana)
- World Museum Culture Expo (South Korea)
- World Music Charts Europe (represents 20 European countries)
- West Midlands Cave Exploration Group (UK)
- Western Micronesian Chief Executives Summit
- Waste Management Charitable Foundation
Samples in periodicals archive:
In partnership with United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability, and the World Mayors Council on Climate Change (WMCCC), the Government of Mexico City organized the summit to provide a forum for the signing of an agreement that commits cities to action and urges national governments to advance a binding global treaty.
The new group must not be confused with the World Mayors Council on Climate Change, the United Cities and Local Governments initiative on climate change, the Cities of Ambition climate change group, the climate leadership group of the C40 cities, the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives, the Cities for Climate Protection group, or any other grouping of cities talking about climate change.