Byline: Jim Cremin GORDON BISSETT, head of Ladbrokes tracks, has led UK tributes to Jan Wilson, president of the World Greyhound Racing Federation, who died earlier this month, writes Jim Cremin.
What does WGRF stand for?
WGRF stands for World Greyhound Racing Federation (est. 1969)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WGRF
We have 2 other meanings of WGRF in our Acronym Attic
- Waveguide Grating Router (IEEE)
- Wayne Gardner Racing (Australian racing car driver)
- Westdeutsche Gerbershule Retlingen (German Leather College)
- Western Gall Rust (agriculture)
- Western Gas Resources, Inc.
- Wireless Gaming Review (gaming resource website)
- Women in Government Relations, Inc.
- Working Group on Reform (International Telecommunication Union)
- WiMAX Global Roaming Alliance
- Western Grains Research Foundation (Canada)
- World's Greatest Railfans
- West Gulf River Forecast Center (NOAA)
- Washington Government Relations Group
- Wild Goose Resource Group (UK)
- When Good Robots Go Bad (band)
- Whole-Genome Radiation Hybrid Panel
- Women and Gender Research Institute (Utah State University)
- Working Group on Review of Implementation
- World Green Roof Infrastructure Network
- Wisconsin Groundwater Research and Monitoring Program (University of Wisconsin)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Off The Leash Muttley THE latest edition of the GBGB Calendar included an item on the recent World Greyhound Racing Federation conference, attended by chief executive Ian Taylor after the decision earlier this year to resume ties with the WGRF.
Wilson took over as head of the World Greyhound Racing Federation from the start of the year following the conclusion of the US's Ronald Sultemeier two-year term.
It was run by the same management which runs Meridiana, with both tracks affiliated to the World Greyhound Racing Federation.
THE World Greyhound Racing Federation Conference was acclaimed an overwhelming success by its President and BGRB chief executive Geoffrey Thomas after its close in London yesterday evening, He said: "I really feel we have made significant progress.
WELFARE took over day two of the World Greyhound Racing Federation Conference in London yesterday with a charter of greyhound rights being unveiled to general surprise.