As in the Coen Brother's "No Country For Old Men," he despairs over a world gone mad, overrun by mayhem and corruption.
What does WGM stand for?
WGM stands for World Gone Mad (Austin, Texas drum and bugle corps)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WGM
We have 43 other meanings of WGM in our Acronym Attic
- Wet Gas Meter
- Whatz Good Music (media management company)
- When Giants Meet (blog)
- Whispering Gallery Mode (microresonators)
- Wire-Guided Missile
- Women Golfers' Museum
- Women's Grandmaster
- Work Group Manager
- Working Group on Monitoring (diamond trade; Kimberly Process; UN)
- World Gaming Magazine
- World Gospel Mission (Marion, IN)
- Waterway Guide Mid-Atlantic (book)
- West Gallery Music Association (UK)
- Woori Global Markets Asia Limited (Hong Kong)
- Working Group on Monitoring and Assessment
- World Grand Masters Association (field hockey)
- Working Group on Marine Fish Culture (International Council for the Exploration of the Sea )
- Working Group on Marine Shellfish Culture (Canada; International Council for the Exploration of the Sea; annual conference)
- We Get More Ass Than A Toilet Seat (SEAL Team 6 motto)
- West Germanic
Samples in periodicals archive:
FINAL CUT A DEFT look at a reality TV world gone mad.
Oases of calm in a world gone mad," is how Russell Baker, himself no slouch at the form, described the obits.
It describes how in 2014, a 32-year-old physics research assistant, living in a world gone mad, sends a copy of Bob Woodward's 2004 book "Plan of Attack" back in time to his 20-year-old self in an attempt to change the future and save his world by preventing the 2003 U.
The strapline 'In a world gone mad, it's sanely delicious' will feature alongside images of fruits and bizarre cartoon characters in a multi-media campaign, including press ads, posters and direct mail for two months from the end of June.
After inflicting pain and suffering on their fellow human beings, secularizers usually discover that a world without God is a world gone mad.
The stately pines with nodding heads in whispers Deplore a world gone mad in riot of Fall.
He discovers that illegal experiments have infected it and now he must fight for survival against a world gone mad.