In designing the present World Geographic Reference System (WGRS), we have emphasized simplicity above most of the other criteria, especially exhaustiveness and uniqueness.
What does GEOREF stand for?
GEOREF stands for World Geographic Reference System (aka WGRS)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Geophone Data Log (energy production)
- Georgia Emergency Operations Plan (Georgia Emergency Management Agency)
- Graduate Educational Opportunity Program (New York)
- Great Exhibition Of Pointlessness (see WDTSF)
- Groupe d'Étude en Orthopédie Pédiatrique
- Geological Well Prognosis Report (energy production)
- Geological Operations Progress Report (energy production)
- Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group (IETF)
- Geologic and Environmental Probe System (Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory; Idaho Falls, ID)
- Geospatial Risk Assessment Modeling System
- Geochemistry of Rocks of the Oceans and Continents
- Geodesic Earth Orbiting Satellite
- Geodetic Earth Observation Satellite
- Geodynamic Experimental Ocean Satellite
- Geodynamics Experimental Ocean Satellite
- Geosynchronous Earth Orbit Satellite
- Global Earth Observing System
- Global Educational Opportunities and Services
- Global Entity Online System (Software Daten Service, Vienna, Austria)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Based on the company's patented World Geographic Reference System (WGRS(TM)) technology, Go2 is designed specifically for devices with limited key pads, storage, bandwidth and display space.