Dr Christoph Frei, Secretary General of the World Energy Council, said "We will be tackling some of the most pressing issues at our World Energy Congress.
What does WEC stand for?
WEC stands for World Energy Council
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WEC
We have 149 other meanings of WEC in our Acronym Attic
- Wong Engineering Corporation (Malaysia; est. 1982)
- Wonnarua Elders Corporation (Australia)
- Woods Equipment Company (various locations)
- Work Experience Class (various schools)
- Work of Engineering Construction (UK)
- World Education Council (various locations)
- World Endurance Championship
- World Enduro Canada (motorcycle racing)
- World Enduro Championship (FIM Motorcycle Event)
- World Energy Conference
- World Environment Center
- World Extreme Cagefighting (mixed martial arts sport)
- Worldwide Evangelisation for Christ
- Worm Egg Count (sheep)
- Associazione Webmaster Cattolici Italiani (Italian Catholic Webmasters Association)
- Washington Exchange Carrier Association
- West and Central Africa
- Westchester Emergency Communications Association (amateur radio emergency communications in southern NY state)
- Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance
- Wisconsin Early Childhood Association (Madison, WI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During the Turkish National Committee of World Energy Council conference he said, The second nuclear power plant will require an investment worth between $22 billion and $25 billion.
Summary: Mohamed Al Hammadi, Chief Executive Officer of the Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC), has highlighted the role of peaceful nuclear energy and clean energy in improving the sustainability of electricity and water production in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) at the inaugural session of the World Energy Council (WEC) World Energy Leaders' Summit (WELS) in New Delhi.
| DOHA, Dec 1 (KUNA) -- The World Energy Council (WEC) launched a new report here on Saturday on the sidelines of the ongoing 18th Session of the Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC (COP18/CMP8).
There's no way out of this trade for Ankara," said World Energy Council Turkish National Committee board member Oy-uz TE-rkyylmaz.
Muscat: World Energy Council (WEC) Chairman Pierre Gadonneix and the Daegu 2013 Organising Committee Executive Vice-Chairman Younghoon David Kim yesterday convened a roundtable as part of WEC's Energy Trilemma forum in Abu Dhabi.
The world is now facing a crucial need for renewed governance at both national and international levels if we are to address the world's energy security," said Pierre Gadonneix, chairman of the World Energy Council.
Summary: A Meeting of the World Energy Council took place from 19 - 20/04/2012 in Istanbul with the presence of the Libyan Minister of Oil and Gas, Abdulrahman bin Yaza, and Minister of Electricity, Awad Albarasi as well as a number of energy ministers of the Member States of the Council.