With the support of the World Tourism Organization (WTO) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), numerous preparatory meetings were held prior to the World Ecotourism Summit in May 2002.
What does WES stand for?
WES stands for World Ecotourism Summit (forum)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WES
We have 142 other meanings of WES in our Acronym Attic
- Wing Engineering Squadron (USMC)
- Wing Enterprise Schedule
- Wireline Enhanced Services (Sprint)
- Women's Engineering Society (UK)
- Woodside Elementary Scool (Woodside, CA)
- Work Element Sheet
- Work Event Separator (US Air Force)
- Work Experience Study
- Workplace and Employee Survey (Canada)
- Works and Emergency Services (Toronto, Canada)
- World Education Services
- WWMCCS Entry System
- Wapeneienaars van Suid-Afrika (Afrikaans: Gun Owners of South Africa)
- Water and Earth Science Associates (Canada)
- Water Employee Services Authority (California)
- Welfare Support Assistance
- Western and English Sales Association (Denver, CO)
- Western Sandpiper (bird species Calidris mauri)
- Washington Explorer Search and Rescue
- West Australian Force (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In preparation for the major World Ecotourism Summit in Quebec, Canada last May (see sidebar), there were a series of events on such subjects as "Europe" (St.
QUEBEC -- The World Ecotourism Summit is the key event being of the International Year of Ecotourism.
Managing the just-concluded World Ecotourism Summit was just one item on a complicated agenda that also includes protecting World Heritage Sites, encouraging voluntary sustainability initiatives among tour operators, promoting governmental ecotourism projects and building global awareness of tourism's many impacts.