As a founding partner of the World Digital Library, the QNL will provide facilities for exploring interaction between devices and human beings to promote new ways of learning.
What does WDL stand for?
WDL stands for World Digital Library (Wilmington, DE)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WDL
We have 46 other meanings of WDL in our Acronym Attic
- Weather Dependent Lashing
- Web Development Language
- Western Development Laboratory
- Wholesaler Dealers Licence
- Windows Driver Library
- Winter Drumline
- Wisconsin Dells (Amtrak station code; Wisconsin Dells, WI)
- Within Defined Limits (healthcare)
- World Definition Language (3D GameStudio programming language)
- World Destruction League (gaming)
- Worst Dressed List
- Weapons Data Link Architecture
- World Day for Laboratory Animals
- Worldwide Distance Learning Association
- When Does Life Begin (question)
- Washington Digital Learning Commons
- Weather Data Learning Center (Rye, NY; US NASA)
- Website Development Life Cycle
- West Don Lands Committee (Canada)
- Wireless Digital Loop Carrier
Samples in periodicals archive:
John Van Director of the World Digital Library US congress library, at the second meeting of the Global Digital Library (GDL) partners held in Munich, Germany, from November 14 to 15.
Library of Congress as one of its primary translation providers for the World Digital Library (WDL) site.
UNESCO is also working with the Library of Congress to establish a World Digital Library.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Started two years ago with a $3 million grant from Google and technical assistance from Apple, the World Digital Library will digitize special and rare materials from libraries and other cultural institutions around the world and make them available for free on the Internet.
The World Digital Library initiative was undertaken to promote international and inter-cultural understanding, boost the quality and diversity of cultural content on the Internet, and contribute to education and scholarship.
and UNECO (Paris) have entered into an agreement to build a World Digital Library Web site to digitize rare materials from libraries and other institutions around the world and make them available for free on the Internet.
Information from Library of Congress and Other National Libraries to Be Made Available in Seven Target Languages SALT LAKE CITY -- Lingotek, the leader in collaborative translation technology, today announced it has been commissioned by the Library of Congress to manage the project of translating nearly 1 million words from the Library of Congress and other World Digital Library (WDL) partners so they are available in seven target languages including English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish for the World Digital Library.