New Zealand clinched Oceania's spot in the next round of the World Cup qualifying series with their 2-1 win over New Caledonia in Dunedin on Friday, reducing next Tuesday's match against the Solomons to a dead rubber.
What does WCQS stand for?
WCQS stands for World Cup Qualifying Series (cricket)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- World Class Professional Wrestling
- Ways of Coping Questionnaire
- West Coast Quartz (Fremont, California)
- World Class Quality Pty. Ltd. (consulting firm; Australia)
- World Conflict Quarterly
- World Cup Qualifier (sports)
- Worthing Chemotherapy Questionnaire (patient survey)
- Waterloo County Quilters Guild (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada)
- World Conference on Quality and Improvement
- Women of Color Quilters Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
The dismal memory of a 2-0 defeat in Maribor in 2008 - in the last World Cup qualifying series - was exorcised by a 1-0 win at Windsor Park in the return game in 2009 and a 1-0 success in Slovenia at the start of the current Euro qualifiers in September.
The pounds 10m Argentine has not appeared since the 4-0 win at Ipswich in September and also had to sit agonisingly through Argentina's World Cup qualifying series as Diego Maradona's men just scraped into the finals in South Africa to keep Colo's World Cup dream alive next summer.
Jeff Whitley displayed the tiger-like qualities in midfield that will be required to unsettle opponents in the World Cup qualifying series, and Tony Capaldi made a more than satisfactory debut at left-back.
I will be there for him and that includes the Oceania World Cup qualifying series this year,'' Kewell said.
``Mr Sanchez has been appointed on a full- time basis for a two-year period covering the World Cup qualifying series.
THE United States will live to fight another day courtesy of a Uruguayan victory over Chile in the final game of the Americas zone World Cup qualifying series.
Byline: BRIAN LOWE CANADA made it two from two against the USA Eagles in the Rugby World Cup qualifying series with a 36-13 win in Chicago.