He won the World Boxing Union (WBU) Championship in February by defeating his Belarusian rival Hamburg, Germany.
What does WBU stand for?
WBU stands for World Boxing Union
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WBU
We have 10 other meanings of WBU in our Acronym Attic
- Weather Briefing Television
- Will Be There with Bells and Whistles On
- Work-Based Training for Young People (UK)
- Wham, Bam, Thank You Ma'am
- Work Based Training for Young People (UK)
- Boulder, CO, USA (Airport Code)
- Wayland Baptist University
- What About You?
- Wild Birds Unlimited
- World Blind Union
- World Broadcasting Union
- World Broadcasting Unions- International Satellite Operations Group
- World Broadcasting Unions Technical Committee (Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union)
- World Business University Association
- Western Boundary Undercurrent
- World Beach Ultimate Championship
- Watts Bar Utility District (Tennessee)
- West Bengal University of Health Sciences (India)
- West Bengal University of Technology
- W. Bertelsmann Verlag (German publishing company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He won titles in the World Boxing Union, which is one of the lesser of numerous competing bodies that rank boxers.
Former World Boxing Organisation and World Boxing Union champion, Enzo Maccarinelli, had been fined pounds 600 with a pounds 15 victim surcharge and his licence was endorsed with six penalty points on February 8.
He claimed the World Boxing Union crown by beating Czech fighter Pavol Polakovic in London in 2006 but came unstuck against Enzo Maccarinelli in a World Boxing Organisation contest.
A former British, Commonwealth and World Boxing Union champion, he made his professional debut when Khan was 10 and has lost only twice.
Twice a World Boxing Union champion at light-middleweight, Takaloo has abandoned his welterweight ambitions and is returning to the heavier division.
In fact, you could even go as far as to say that it has been a tortuous 21st century all round for the former World Boxing Union cruiserweight world champion.
Before his first world title bout, Hatton successfully defended his World Boxing Union title for the 14th time with a 10th-round knockout over Ray Oliveira in his last start on Dec.