Among the panelists are: --George Burnett, Civil Defense Telecommunications Officer, State of Hawaii, USA --Richard Hipa, Managing Director, Telecom Niue, Niue --Paul Trotter, Meteorologist-in-charge, New Orleans/Baton Rouge Weather Forecast Office, Louisiana, USA --Mark Wood, Honorary Secretary of the Cellular Emergency Alert Service Association(CEASA) and Advisor to the UN Working Group on Emergency Telecommunications (WGET); and Telecommunications Project Officer of the British Red Cross, UK.
What does WGET stand for?
WGET stands for Working Group on Emergency Telecommunications
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WGET
We have 1 other meaning of WGET in our Acronym Attic
- Washington Governmental Entity Pool
- Working Group on Education and Research
- Washington Gas Energy Services (Herndon, VA)
- West Green Elementary School (West Green, GA)
- Westinghouse Government Environmental Services (Carlsbad, NM)
- Working Group on Education Statistics (Association for the Development of Education in Africa)
- Working Group on Education Sector Analysis
- Working Group on Extrasolar Planets (est. 1999; International Astronomical Union; Paris, France)
- Working Group on Energy Strategies and Technologies (China)
- Working Group on Emergency Technology