The Wallsend-based company previously won a Queen's Award for innovation in 2011 for its work-class remotely operated vehicles (WROVs), which was followed up last year with the presentation of a Queen's Award in the international trade category for its growing presence and success in global markets.
What does WROV stand for?
WROV stands for Work-Class Remotely Operated Vehicle (US DoD)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Women Radio Operators of New England (est. 1955)
- Weather Reporting Office of the National Government (a proposed name for the original national weather service in 1890)
- Wool Research of New Zealand, Inc. (Lincoln, Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Wool Research Organisation of New Zealand
- Worldwide Registry of Professional Electrologists
- Wild Register Data Test Setup Register (computer programming)
- Western Region Outreach Service (Australia)
- With Rights Of Survivorship
- Western Regional Off-Track Betting Corporation (Batavia, NY)
- Western Region Officer Training Camp (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Waitabu Reef Protection
- War Risk Premium (shipping)
- Warrior Resiliency Program (US DoD)
- Waste Reduction Partners
- Water Recycling Plant (various locations)
- Waterfront Revitalization Plan (various locations)
- Watershed Restoration Plan (forestry industry)
- Wave Rendezvous Point
- Weather Research Program
- Western Regional Panel (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Steered via a work-class remotely operated vehicle (WROV), the StabFrame can stabilize a vertical pile in varying soil conditions.
Products include electric and hydraulic work-class remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), tether management systems (TMS), remote manipulator systems, and modular control systems for wide-ranging subsea applications.
Although our long-term strategy is to expand into deepwater and international markets through the introduction of larger dynamically positioned vessels such as the American Defender, and remote intervention technologies such as work-class remotely operated vehicles and atmospheric diving systems, we must focus in the short term on strengthening our core business by upgrading our asset base and analyzing those non-core assets and businesses that do not create value," Stanley said.
Our Gulf of Mexico deepwater asset base now includes two dynamically positioned vessels, the latest technology in work-class remotely operated vehicles and four, 1,200-ft.
dynamically positioned vessel dedicated to supporting work-class remotely operated vehicles (ROVs).