This means more people will qualify for the ESA Support Group whereas before they may have been placed in the Work Related Activity Group, where they would be expected to make efforts to return to work.
What does WRAG stand for?
WRAG stands for Work Related Activity Group (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WRAG
We have 2 other meanings of WRAG in our Acronym Attic
- Women's Royal Air Force
- Warner Robins Air Force Base (Georgia)
- Warrior Run Area Fire Department (Watsontown, PA)
- Waterfront Ratepayers After Fair Taxation (Ontario, Canada)
- Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers (Washington, DC)
- Waverley Retirement Activities Group (Australia)
- Weed Resistance Action Group
- Western Region Ash Group (est. 1994)
- Whippet Running Activities Group (Washington)
- Woodhouse Ridge Action Group (Leeds, UK)
- Walter Reed Army Hospital
- Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital (Colorado)
- Western Region Anti-Hunger Consortium (Spokane, WA)
- White Ribbon Alliance India for Safe Motherhood (est. 1999)
- Walter Reed Army Institute of Nursing
- Waste Reduction Action Information Network
- Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
- Workshop on Recent Advances on Intrusion-Tolerant Systems
- White River Academic League (Indiana academic competition)
- Warner-Robins Air Logistics Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
A DWP spokeswoman said: "If someone is placed in the work related activity group we understand they have significant barriers to employment but they may be able to take up some kind of work in the future.
A further 2,300 will be put in a Work Related Activity Group, meaning they are currently too ill or disabled to work and entitled to the benefit, but will be expected to take steps towards an eventual return to work.
For the next 14 weeks after being assessed a single person who had been placed into a work related activity group could receive pounds 94.
Just over a fifth people who have been declared fit to work or placed in the work related activity group appeal their cases.
If the work capability assessment shows that your illness or disability does limit your ability to work you will be placed into one of two groups; the work related activity group or the support group.
Just 20% declared fit or placed in the work related activity group appeal, with 36.
The Welfare Reform Bill proposes two changes to contribution-based ESA: To limit to 12 months the period for which people in the Work Related Activity Group can receive contribution-based ESA; to remove the special contribution criteria for ESA youth claimants.