As an example, all high priority alarms can be filtered to the Work Process Management system and trigger an appropriate eSOP workflow to minimize the possibility that a controller performs an "Acknowledge All" if a flood of alarms comes in and inadvertently misses an important alarm.
What does WPMS stand for?
WPMS stands for Work Process Management System
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WPMS
We have 13 other meanings of WPMS in our Acronym Attic
- Window Probability Matching Method
- Working Party on Manufactured Nanomaterials (France)
- World Police Medical Officers
- Wholesale Power Market Platform
- Worldwide Peace Marker Project (Cape Coral, FL)
- Western Pennsylvania Model Railroad Museum
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement (Service Personnel and Veterans Agency; Ministry of Defence; UK)
- Wide Pulse Microwave System (E3GS)
- Wideband Propagation Measurement System
- Work Flow Process Management Solution
- Worldwide Project Management Services
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation (est. 1963)
- Wordpress Multi-User (blog design)
- Watershed Preservation Network (San Geronimo, CA)
- Weapons Procurement, Navy
- Web Private Network
- What Passes for News
- WinMX Peer Network (software)
- Winter Photo Network (forum)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The SAT IntelaTrac Work Process Management System combines mobile computing software and proven wireless technology to break through geographic boundaries and connect remote field workers to manufacturing decision support systems.
Work Process Management systems like Proficy Workflow, support Lean efforts in the following ways: * Graphically define and document work processes--making it much easier to start the lean journey * Find and eliminate the non-value add activities more quickly and easily * Execute work processes through a controlled, electronic system--ensuring that processes are followed * Improve processes in real time--not "after the fact" * Automatically capture, store and analyze production data--closing the loop for continuous improvement * Digitize the control plan and its execution * Keep process improvements consistent, so projects keep adding value "While Proficy Workflow monitors and manages execution of work processes, supervisors can also navigate the system's higher-level views," Bobbe said.