When outsourced, an OEM must establish by written agreement that the software being developed by the other party is a work made for hire, and include a provision requiring that all software developed under the agreement is being assigned.
What does WMFH stand for?
WMFH stands for Work Made for Hire
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of WMFH in our Acronym Attic
- World's Most Famous Beach (Daytona Beach, Florida)
- West Midland Family Center (Shepherd, MI)
- Western Mutual Fund Company (Western Financial Group; Canada)
- Wilmington Model Flying Club (Wilmington, NC)
- Webbs Mills Fire Department (Pine City, NY)
- Wimmera Machinery Field Days (Australia)
- West Midlands Faith Forum (UK)
- West Midlands Folk Federation (UK federation of folk/traditional arts performers and festivals)
- World Medical Football Federation
- Woah-My-Fragging-God! (p’lite form)
- Washington Multi-Family Housing Association (Kent, WA)
- West Michigan Fire Juniors (soccer)
- Wing Man for Life
- West Moberly First Nations (aboriginal group; British Columbia)
- Waste Management Facility Operations
- Weighted Micro Function Points (sofware algorithm)
- West Midlands Food Partnership (England, UK)
- World Monuments Fund Portugal
- West Metro Fire Protection District
- Woodmoor Monument Fire Protection District (Monument, CO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Correctly determining whether a work is a work made for hire can also be critical to the validity of a copyright registration.
Consequently, the client cannot claim that the copyright belongs to the client under the work made for hire provision of the copyright act.
Copyright for any work made for hire, such as an article prepared by association staff, is presumed to be owned by the employer.
Almost anything you create, develop or build while on your employer's payroll can be considered work made for hire.
56) Thus, although the sculpture looked to the court like a joint work, if the definition of a work made for hire had been satisfied, the court would have ignored the possibility of a joint work.
work made for hire, anonymous, pseudonymous)," said Aftab.
Section 201(b) of the Copyright Act states: In the case of a work made for hire, the employer or other person for whom the work was prepared is considered the author.