We have been able to reduce the word error rate for speech by over 30% compared to previous methods.
What does WER stand for?
WER stands for Word Error Rate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of WER
We have 37 other meanings of WER in our Acronym Attic
- Worry-Emotionality Questionnaire (psychology)
- Wales External Quality Assurance Scheme (UK)
- Well Equipment Layout (oil industry)
- Water Entry Resolution
- Weapons-Effect Reporting
- Weekly Epidemiological Record
- Wet-Etching Rate
- Window Energy Rating
- Windows Error Reporting
- Women Elected Representatives (India)
- Work Entity Release (Saudi Aramco)
- Work Estimate Request
- World Emergency Relief (UK)
- World Eye Reports (est. 1987)
- WEllen RAdar (high frequency oceanographic radar)
- West End Residents Association (Vancouver, Canada)
- West End Revitalization Association, Inc. (est. 1994; Mebane, NC)
- Western Eastern Roadracing Association
- Western/English Retailers Association
- World Education Research Association (est. 2009)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Current speech recognition technology has high word error rates for large vocabulary sizes," Google wrote in the patent application.
Clarity has the technology, expertise and exclusive focus to address the voice quality and performance degradation issues that result from today's increasingly complex communications environments and has demonstrated the ability to improve word error rates by as much as 78 percent for most of the current ASR engines available today.
The SIGNALpro allows users to characterize the outbound channel with bit error rate, code word error rate, and peak edge error measurements, accomplished by using a modified subscriber unit as the audio input.
4 showed a 30% reduction in raw word error rate from earlier product versions for a wireline voice-activated dialing application.